Skip to main content

Fit and Happy

💪  For the past few months I have been focusing on being more healthy, and along with it I have been trying to feel better about myself. I have also been eating better and trying to exercise more. I have really cut back on the amount of soda and sugary drinks I consume. I have been drinking a lot more water than I ever have. I am noticing a big difference in my complexion and my blood pressure (I haven't ever had high blood pressure but it is definitely getting better). And this past week while at church I found out I can cross my legs again, I haven't been able to cross my legs for about two years so I was super excited about that! (It's the little things, right?!)  I have noticed as well that I'm not nearly as tired as I was and I have a lot more energy. I have also been trying to eat more meals at home and incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet. Rather than the easy way out which would be to just go get something at a fast food restaurant. I am noticing that my body prefers the more healthy foods and sometimes if we do go out to eat or eat unhealthy foods I just don't enjoy them like I used to. I've noticed if we do eat foods that are unhealthier I tend to get sick to my stomach and I really pay for it the next day. I have always struggled with my weight and most of my medications that I have to take don't really help, they tend to increase your appetite so to try to fight against that is difficult. For instance in 2015 I got put on some new medications and they made me gain about 50 pounds which was very hard for me, especially since I wasn't small to begin with. I have had some hard times with confidence and problems with comparing myself to other people, I just need to tell myself that not everyone is built the same and we all have different body types and our bodies all lose or gain weight in different ways. David is very supportive of me though if I ever am having a hard day or just need to vent he is great to listen and always reassures me that he fell in love with me not all these other women that I tend to compare myself to. It's been a little hard at work because we get lunches and snacks brought in quite regularly. We also have a pharmacy in our building and they have a little food section with candies, chips, cookies, etc. which makes it so easy to walk over there and get something. So I just have to fight off the urge to walk over there and buy something. But I know I can do it I just need that willpower and desire to do it (which I feel like I have). Sometimes its hard to realize that it takes time as well, we live in a day and age where we want a quick fix and a fast easy solution to everything but that's just not how it goes. I do think my efforts are showing even if it isn't as fast or as drastic as I would like for it to be. And on a plus side I am a lot happier than I have been in a long time!


These are some "before" pictures

And here are some "in the process" pictures :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 day 📷 challenge....Week 1

I decided it might be fun to do a 30 day photography challenge. So what I'm going to do is take a picture every day for the month of July and post them. I'm going to do them as a week review though so I will just have four posts for this month. It should be fun!! Saturday July 1st: ▲Selfie- I might just be the selfie queen! This day I decided to try something new with my hair, so I did a side bun. I think for my first attempt at it, it turned out pretty good. Sunday July 2nd: ▷Watermelon- I love watermelon, I was a little surprised though to be given watermelon at the end of our Chinese meal the other day. I must admit it was very refreshing! Monday July 3rd: ◊The sun- I just thought this was a pretty picture! Tuesday July 4th 🎆: ◈Action photo- This is a picture from the 4th of the kids running to catch the parachutes. It was such a great day!! Wednesday July 5th: ◅Where I sleep- I love my bed and bedding set. The mattress is so comfy a

Things I do to cheer myself up when I'm feeling down

Over the years I have had to find ways to cheer myself up if I'm ever feeling low. As I think we all have had to do. Here is a list of some of my favorite things to do. ♬ I will usually listen to music. Listening to the right songs can put you in such a better mood and even bring back a whole bunch of memories. I love music and always have it on. ♣♤ Another thing I like to do that will always cheer me up is playing games. I love to play all kinds of games. Card games, board games, anything really. ☏ If I'm ever down I can always call my mom and talk to her she always knows what to say to put me in a good mood and make me feel better. Or I can text my dad and talk to him. I also have several cousins and friends that I can call or text to help brighten up my day. I am so grateful to have them in my life and that I have such a good relationship with all of them. ✄🎨 I love to do crafts and being able to do a craft and use your creativity and imagination is so soothing an

Is this REALLY "The Best-Kept Secret" about weight loss?

   I read a very good article in Time Magazine that focused on weight loss. In the article Kevin Hall studied 14 contestants from "The Biggest Loser." He found that during a regular season of the show the contestants lost on average of 127 pounds and each about 64% of their body fat. He also found that over time 13 of the 14 contestants that were studied gained back 66% of the weight they'd lost on the show, and four of them ended up being heavier than they were before the competition.  Now if that doesn't make you want to give up I don't know what would!  When you think about it those reality shows are really not set up for long-term success, but really a quick slim down. They make anyone watching think they can do it just as fast. And I know that I've said it before but I believe that most Americans want a quick fix and want to have everything right now. Another thing those shows have that we don't is personal trainers, dietitians, chefs and doctors al